Welcome!

Welcome to The New Chainik Hocker. I am your host, the eponymous Chainik Hocker, here to share news, reviews, pretty pictures, and silly opinions with you. Contact me at chainik DOT hocker AT gmail DOT com

Friday, February 24, 2006

Port in a storm.



The port thing.

I dunno, honestly.

I mean, on the face of things, it seems like a staggeringly bad idea.

And, we can all agree, Dubya saying “I’m going to do this thing and you can’t stop me, nyah nyah nyah, nyah nyah” was an astonishingly bad reaction. “Tone deaf” was how Lileks described it.

Ummm… free market is good, but this is our security here. Not that some terrorists couldn’t get a job in an American run port, but it would probably be a bit easier to do so in a port run by some guy whose brother in law has some sympathies in the wrong direction.

Frank J. doesn’t know what to think of this either.

Bottom lining it: is there an good, solid reason the UAE has to have the contract?

If the answer is no, let’s put it back up for bid.