Welcome!

Welcome to The New Chainik Hocker. I am your host, the eponymous Chainik Hocker, here to share news, reviews, pretty pictures, and silly opinions with you. Contact me at chainik DOT hocker AT gmail DOT com

Sunday, January 08, 2006

US Army v. the First Amendment.

I just got this in an email from a friend. I can neither confirm nor deny its authenticity. Can anyone help?

In any case, it is entertaining.

To: All Commands
Subject: Inappropriate T-Shirts

1. All commanders promulgate upon receipt.

2. The following T-shirts are no longer to be worn on or off base by any military or civilian personnel serving in the Middle
East:

"Eat Pork or Die" [both English and Arabic versions]

"Shrine Busters" [Various. Show burning minarets or bomb/artillery shells impacting Islamic shrines. Some with unit logos.]

"Napalm, Sticks Like Crazy" [Both English and Arabic versions]

"Goat - it isn't just for breakfast any more." [Both English and
Arabic versions]

"The road to Paradise begins with me." [Mostly Arabic versions but some in English. Some show sniper scope cross-hairs]

"Guns don't kill people. I kill people." [Both Arabic and English
versions]

"Pork. The other white meat." [Arabic version]

"Infidel" [English, Arabic and other coalition force languages.]

3. The above T-shirts are to be removed from Post Exchanges upon receipt of this directive.

4. The following signs are to be removed upon receipt of this message:

"Islamic Religious Services Will Be Held at the Firing Range At
0800 Daily."

"Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb
bastards?"

5. All commands are instructed to implement sensitivity training upon receipt.

Well, now I want all these t-shirts. The allure of the forbidden, I suppose. Although I’m not in the military, so I can do as I please. Hurray!