Welcome!

Welcome to The New Chainik Hocker. I am your host, the eponymous Chainik Hocker, here to share news, reviews, pretty pictures, and silly opinions with you. Contact me at chainik DOT hocker AT gmail DOT com

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Why I don't have as much time to blog as I used to.

It's Just Like the Old Days

Man #1: Man, all these stabbings and killings, man.
Man #2: Yeah.
Man #1: But you know, that's every summer.

--Myrtle & Marcy, Bed-Stuy


via Overheard in New York, Jun 20, 2006

Boy howdy, I am as busy as a busy guy during the busy season. I am busier than a person running a booth at a busy person's convention in Busytown, USA.

I am so busy I am unable to come up with good metaphors.

Also, I find myself unable to hire good help. I hire some kid for $8.50 an hour who proceeds to quit without giving notice before the end of the week, telling me the job is "too hard".

WTF?

Also, someone broke into the house across the street from my parents' last Friday night. Scumbags!

And then the people across the street go and hire someone else to install the alarm.

The price of wire has gone up 115% lately, and we are doing our best to convince people to pay our new prices.

Sometimes I feel like I'm running in circles. Like this guy.
Still, the only thing worse than work is: no work.