Welcome!

Welcome to The New Chainik Hocker. I am your host, the eponymous Chainik Hocker, here to share news, reviews, pretty pictures, and silly opinions with you. Contact me at chainik DOT hocker AT gmail DOT com

Friday, March 24, 2006

Beards are cool again!

Thus sayeth the New York Times, whose reputation for accuracy is unparalleled. As we all know.

I’ve had a full, bushy, marooned-on-a-desert-island Talibanesque beard since I was about 15 or 16. Not because I thought it looked cool, but because it was to damn much trouble to shave. I’m a hairy bastard, and I have to shave twice a day- and I still look like a homeless person. Thus, the beard, which I used to trim once or twice a month.

As you can see (kinda- you may have to squint), I’ve begun to spend a bit more time on my personal grooming, trimming and shaping the beard twice a week, but the thought of beards becoming cool, if only for fifteen minutes, is quite gratifying.

Because I hate shaving, and I’m going to keep the beard even after it stops being cool.

H/T Karol.